Working for the Council has a range of benefits.
As an employer, we offer a wide range of flexible and family friendly employment working arrangements and initiatives to the majority of our employees.
- Investors in People accreditation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Generous annual leave.
- Free car parking.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- State-of-the-art office environment.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Green car lease scheme.
- Job share policy.
- Employee counselling service.
- Comprehensive employee health cash plan.
- Employee discounts scheme.
- Time off for family and dependents leave.
- Comprehensive induction, training and development programme.
Investors in People Accreditation
The continued development of our people is important to us and by achieving this we can also develop our organisation.
Investors in People is a proven management framework that helps improve our business and individual performance. This prestigious accreditation is recognised across the world as a mark of excellence. Organisations that demonstrate the Investors in People Standard achieve accreditation through a rigorous and objective assessment to determine performance.
There are lots of reasons why we think the Selby district is a great place to be.
We’re putting resources to the things that matter most to our district.